Family holidays are such an expense that many people save, book and plan their many months in advance. But is there a better way? Savvy parents have been taking advantage of a great time to, instead, not just have their own property abroad but have optional rental income pay for their own holiday. Meanwhile, instead of a huge – and lost – outgoing every year for family holidays, your family enjoys an asset for the future and the option to spend more time in your dream home as family circumstances change. Why is it a great time to find out more?
The Brexit Opportunity
We – a highly-rated family business with 15 years of experience providing homes in Murcia, Spain – have enjoyed seeing our clients study the opportunities presented by Brexit. Many have discovered how the change ahead can make this current time an ideal time to act.
Firstly, an important note – buyers from GB and Northern Ireland, who are a vital part of the economy in Spain, have been told their lives will not be disrupted post-Brexit by any less than Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis.
Let’s take a closer look at the reasons to take steps towards your dream Spanish home now:
- Rising prices – Sales in Spain increased by 16% in 2017, the fourth and biggest consecutive year of growth. The figures also show that sales were up 8% in December, the highest monthly growth since December 2008 (source Land Registry via PropertyWire). Now is a superb time to buy into the rising trend in case of continuing price rises.
- Great demand – A steady property construction market in Spain means outstanding choice and quality. We’re seeing a great standard of dream homes for our clients, who’ve been delighted to find out just how far their budget can stretch.
- Rental income – While a smaller group of buyers are adopting a ‘wait and see’ approach to Brexit and buying property in Spain, this creates a strong demand for rental properties. The outcome? Great rental demand. So, while those who delay may well be buying at higher prices in the future your own income vs property cost will be at the current strong rate.
- Exchange Rate – Peaks and troughs in recent years have led – however – to relative stability in recent times. This means there’s an advantage to buying while this remains. Could a move closer to Brexit cause a change? Certainly.
Timing-wise, stability now will always beat uncertainty later.
Buying in Spain for Families
Owning your own dream home in Spain creates a place in a community and location those close to you will love. We know the benefits because we feel for Spain ourselves!
Some things you’ll discover:
- Freedom – The ability to self-cater, or enjoy eating out, when you please makes owning a holiday home a family budget-friendly choice. Relaxing in your dream home as and how you wish, as opposed to fitting around a hotel’s schedule, makes a holiday home a treat for families.
- Home from Home – Compared to a hotel room or a rental, having your own choice of furniture and the things you love most around you in your dream home makes for a genuine extension of your family space. It also means your kids will always have plenty to do, indoors and out, with their choice of toys, games and activities.
- Part of a Community – Getting to know your favourite spots for food and drink, your latest discovery for great walks or that perfect beach is one of the real joys of owning an overseas home. A flying visiting to one location or another can’t compare to the local knowledge of exploring your new local area.
Why Rental Income Makes Sense
One of the main benefits of part-renting a property we often hear from our clients? The adaptability this allows. For example: the ability to change how often the property is rented based on the family’s needs. Gerry Flynn of Dream Spanish Homes outlines another great advantage: “Family circumstances change when kids grow up, parents take retirement or growing extended families become a costly exercise to take to a hotel overseas!
“Owning your own dream home in Spain, with the option of renting the property out when you please, doesn’t just adapt easily to all these situations but actually makes such changes work well for you.
“For example: being able to spend more time in the dream home as kids leave home, having a retirement escape already within your budget and a place for extended family to call ‘home from home’ together are fantastic bonuses to the already long list of ‘pros’ you’ll find when you own your own dream home in Spain”.
The Cost of Waiting
Too often we see customers waiting ‘just another year’ to buy – which is, of course, their choice and one we respect hugely – in the hope that a purchase price may fall by an amount equivalent to the price of a few drinks a month when the mortgage quote is created.
And in the meantime? Thousands of pounds spend on holidays could have been saved if the property was already in place, perhaps even covered completely by rental income.
Thanks to the strong local property market and our local negotiating power, we pride ourselves on being able to provide FREE extras like aircon, furniture…or even a car!
Depending on the value of the property you buy, we’ll make your first visits to your dream home even more special with a bonus luxury with our thanks.
With 15 years of experience and perfectly placed to source properties in the stunning areas of Los Alcázares, Mar Menor, Costa Cálida and Alicante.
Whether you’re looking for a beautiful family holiday home, a high return investment property, or a golf resort villa to retire to, we can find the perfect property to fit your needs and budget!
Here’s what our customers say:
“They were so informative in every way throughout the process from viewing properties, offers, agreeing a property and then assisting on post sales inquiries. This meant so much to us as it takes the pressure off you and is so reassuring especially purchasing a property overseas. We will be recommending DSH to our friends and family.”
Collette and Dave
“We met with Gerry and having given him our brief within a couple of hours we were standing in local properties, one of which is now our new Spanish home! We are delighted. There was no pressure and we were actually encouraged to think about it for a couple of days (which we did) and then went back and took the plunge.
“If you are looking to buy in this area talk to these guys.”
Jon and Melanie Shelton
Have you ever visited Spain on holiday or wish to move over today? Get in touch with Dream Spanish Homes or visit our office located in Los Alcázares, Murcia.
Dream Spanish Homes have a range of guides about the different areas in which we sell properties. Some of the most sought after areas include the Costa Calida, Los Alcázares, Alicante and Murcia. Visit our areas page to find out more. We are continuously expanding the areas in which we sell properties throughout the East Coast of Spain.